Join the Land Trust Team!
Please see current listings below:
Volunteer and Event Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Development
Job Status: Full-time Salary Position
Salary Range: $35,000 – $50,000
Three Rivers Land Trust – About Us
Mission: To protect and conserve land, natural areas, rural landscapes, family farms, and historic places within North Carolina’s central Piedmont and Sandhills.
TRLT is a nonprofit conservation organization based in Salisbury NC and operating in a 15 county footprint of Central NC.
- Conserve, manage and protect the rural landscapes, natural areas, family farms, historic places, and scenic rivers of Central NC.
The TLRT is a membership-based organization primarily funded through private donations and grants. Since 1995 TRLT as protected over 46,000 acres (transferred over 8,000 acres to public trust, protected over 302 miles of streams/waterways and conserved over 16,000 acres of farmland). We regularly engage with the public through our vast outdoor programing and nationally recognized Sportsman Access Program.
The Three Rivers Land Trust (TRLT) is searching for a positive, outgoing, outdoor enthusiast to join the team as our Volunteer and Events Coordinator. This position will provide essential support to all areas of TRLT including but not limited to; volunteer recruitment and management, event management and philanthropic development. The Volunteer and Events Coordinator will be heavily involved in all cultivation activities including; membership & outreach activities, volunteer cultivation, donor identification, community development and a strong focus on cultivation & donor stewardship events.
TRLT team members are authentic in their passion for conservation as well as in their love for the outdoors. Applicants should enjoy getting mud on their boots and dirt on their hands.
- Manages multiple ongoing areas of responsibility simultaneously for the benefit of TRLT. Responsible for managing timelines and strategic planning for assigned events and initiatives.
- Leads the creation and solicitation of event corporate partnership proposals.
- Assist/lead development of stewardship and development events. From planning to execution, is engaged in the development of events including hikes, paddles, bike rides, and other outreach and fundraising events. Will be expected to work all events.
- Lead role for the following events:
- Habitat Summit/ TRLT Raffle/Tour de Ag: conceptualize, design, plan and manage all aspects of these events. Secure and cultivate sponsors, cultivate and steward attendees and volunteers and manage day-of activities.
- Works to ensure excellent customer service and positive working relationship with team members, vendors, community leaders, event sponsors/participants, volunteers and donors.
- Works with community and business leaders throughout our 15-county footprint especially current and prospective sponsors.
- Working knowledge of the outdoors including flora and fauna of the area, familiarity with local trails and public recreation areas. Experience hiking and kayaking. Comfortable leading a group of people in the woods and on the water.
- Generates regular and accurate reports on income and event progress, constituent list maintenance, and event SWOT analysis for all philanthropic events.
- Generate/manage schedule and timeline for all events.
- Provides all necessary communication with event attendees, including emails and phone calls, to ensure participants are informed of event details and any changes.
- Prepares materials for events beforehand, ensures liability waivers are signed, and brings appropriate merchandise, newsletters, and other related materials to events.
- Manages expenses for assigned projects including cultivation event operations to ensure highest financial return to support the TRLT.
Volunteer Management (30%)
- Ensures effective communication and constant engagement with recruiting, training, and maintaining volunteers. Actively communicates with volunteers before, during and after events to ensure they feel value added and return to assist with future events.
- Manage and cultivate upwards of 100-150 volunteers for various TRLT events and initiatives.
- Manage tracking/reporting of all volunteer communications and activities in Bloomerang (our constituent data-base).
- Engage and cultivate potential volunteers, donors and/or corporate sponsors.
- Works with all TRLT departments to determine volunteer support needs.
- Maintains regular, punctual attendance consistent with TRLT policies.
- Assist with event and other relevant news for our biannual newsletter.
- Support the Membership and Outreach Team on other projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Related Functions
- Enjoys and values the outdoors. Authenticity is vital to the success of this position.
- Participates actively to assure compliance in assigned areas of responsibilities.
- Regularly analyzes and evaluates the effectiveness of all assigned projects.
- Proactively seeks process improvement in a solution-focused manner.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Event Coordination and/or Management.
- Volunteer management and recruitment.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree.
- Experience securing and cultivating event sponsors.
- Experience working with donor database systems.
- Experience managing/cultivating/stewarding volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge/passion for the outdoors (hunting/fishing/hiking/camping).
- Ability to work weekends or weekday evenings.
This person must be friendly and welcoming, willing to build relationships with people from all walks of life. As a representative of TRLT, the ability to eloquently communicate our mission/vision is vital. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be creative, energetic, dynamic and outgoing with a strong affinity for the outdoors.
- Ability to use all normal office equipment (keyboard, telephone, printer, copier as well as complete follow TRLT office policies).
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand/sit for extended periods.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to Andrew@TRLT.org.