Join the Land Trust Team!
Please see current listings below:
WESTERN REGIONAL DIRECTOR
Three Rivers Land Trust (TRLT) seeks a performance-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills to engage and manage volunteer activities, event fundraising, and major gift fundraising in TRLT’s western county footprint . BS/equivalent degree and five years of experience in business, fundraising, and volunteer management required. Extensive weekday and weekend travel required. Email letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Regional Directors organize local volunteer chapters to hold fundraising events, principally banquets, and perform major gift development activities to support the continued operation of TRLT and finance regional conservation projects.
In addition to event-related fundraising, Regional Directors solicit donations of major gifts directly from donors or through TRLT members, volunteers and other contacts.
- Form TRLT fundraising chapter committees comprised of local volunteers.
- Organize, guide and assist chapter committees with the planning, organization and execution of successful fundraising events and service projects, to meet annual budget projections.
- Actively utilize key TRLT volunteers, to assist in the identification and formation of new chapters and planning and execution of fundraising events.
- Personally solicit, and utilize TRLT volunteers to support solicitation of major gifts in addition to banquet revenues.
- Prepare annual fundraising income projections and operating expense budget proposals.
- Provide input and recommendations of specific conservation projects for TRLT funding.
- Promote the goals, objectives, and accomplishments of TRLT through the media and public speaking engagements.
- Represent TRLT at various meetings, functions, and public relations opportunities, as assigned.
- Submit news items concerning TRLT activities to the TRLT Media Specialist
- Answer correspondence about TRLT activities and programs within assigned region.
- Maintain all records and submit reports as required by the Associate Director.
- Keep the Associate Director fully informed on all pertinent matters within assigned region.Additional Responsibilities:
Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors or equivalent degree in Business, Marketing, Fundraising, Communications or related field preferred, and minimum of five years additional experience required. Prior experience working with volunteers and fundraising preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of the TRLT’s mission, goals, organizational structure and activities, including biological, social and political elements that shape them, and the ability to promote them.
- Must possess excellent people skills and be able to develop effective relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be a passionate, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and be able to direct and motivate volunteers.
- Must be able to identify future chapter opportunities and recruit volunteers to capitalize on these opportunities to grow the revenue and volunteer base.
- Must be able to understand and determine annual fundraising income projections and operating expense budgets.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with wildlife and land management professionals in government agencies and non-governmental entities.
- Must be proficient in the use of office computer programs including word processors and spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent communication skills both verbally and written. Must be able to speak to large groups of people.
- Must have the ability to work independently without frequent, direct supervision and to remain focused on goals and objectives while also supporting the Membership and Outreach team.
- Must have the ability to work in and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to resolve conflict and be flexible with changing priorities, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be able to develop, cultivate and solicit major gift prospects and follow the development process while working in unison with other staff member.
Extensive travel is required on weekdays and weekends. Must also be able to work any day of the week, including weekends. Must be able to work late at night. Must be capable of sitting for long periods in a car. Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods, stand for intervals of 2-6 hours, and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.