Join the Land Trust Team!
Please see current listings below:
Position Summary: The Director of Development will focus on building and sustaining major donor and corporate donor relationships in support of Three Rivers Land Trust (TRLT) conservation mission. This position is central to the continued growth and success of TRLT and local conservation. To learn more about Three Rivers Land Trust visit our website at www.threeriverslandtrust.org.
First and foremost, we are looking for an authentic conservation minded person, who is passionate about the outdoors and local conservation. Secondly, we are looking for a self-starter that has a natural ability to connect/communicate with donors/potential donors, with a proven track record of fundraising for a conservation non-profit organization.
Utilize our donor software to identify, approach, and cultivate relationships with potential major donors ($1,000<) across the 15-county region.
- Support TRLT events including banquet style fundraising, outdoor, and educational events.
- Cultivate the development of corporate and foundation support through sponsorships.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of donor cultivation events, (house parties, conserved property tours, banquet style events, and other donor engagement activities).
- Coordinate donor information with the Membership and Outreach Team.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of experience in development, fundraising, marketing, or sales OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects on time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience in event planning and project management.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Authentic passion for local conservation. Must be a self-starter that operates best with limited supervision.
- Competitive and motivated to complete the mission. Independent and critical thinker.
- Highly organized, yet able to maintain relationships with donors/potential donors.
- Excellent communication skills.
Status: Full time exempt
Salary Range: $60,000-$85,000
Competitive salary. Benefits include health, dental, and limited vision coverage. Paid holidays and other paid time off (PTO).
Three Rivers Land Trust is headquartered in Salisbury with a satellite office located in Southern Pines. This position would have the ability to work at either location. The atmosphere is collegial and collaborative.
Extensive travel is required on weekdays and weekends. Must also be able to work any day of the week, including weekends. Must be able to work late at night. Must be capable of sitting for long periods in a car. Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods, stand for intervals of 2-6 hours, and lift heavy items up to 50 lbs.
Email your cover letter, resume, and three references to Travis Morehead, Executive Director at email@example.com. The position is open until filled.