Yadkin Thru Paddle
The Yadkin Thru Paddle May 15th-16th.
Keep Davidson Beautiful has a clean-up scheduled the morning of May 15th for 9am, at York Hill. Thru paddle participants, in need of a shuttle, will meet and park at the York Hill. Shuttles will begin to depart at approximately 11:30 am. Staff/Volunteers will need to transport participants’ equipment from York Hill to the campsite. Shuttles will transport participants up to the 801 Concord Church access. This is a 19-mile shuttle trip and will take 30 minutes.
We will stagger launch to groups to approximately 10 participants at a time. We hope to have all groups launched before 1:00 p.m.
There will be a relief station set up at Boone’s Cave Park to allow participants to use the restroom and grab water and a light snack.
We will end the day at the convergence of the Yadkin and South Yadkin Rivers. We will disembark and camp at the Hannah Ferry Road property owned by Three Rivers.
Dinner will include smoked chicken and beer donated from New Serum for dinner, hosted by the Rowan Chapter.
In the morning we will pack up. Staff/Volunteers will drive participants’ equipment back to York Hill. Then we paddle 4.8 miles down the Yadkin to York Hill.
As participants arrive at York Hill there will be a hot dog lunch and baked goods hosted by the Yadkin Chapter.
- $75 per guest
- Additional $10 to rent kayaking equipment
- T-shirt Included
- Dinner 5/15 Included
- Lunch 5/16 Included
- Participants under 18 will need to be accompanied by a guardian
- In the case of inclement weather, we will reschedule May 28/29
Rules and Requirements:
- Everyone will be responsible for bringing, carrying and setting up their own gear and food. We will transport large items from York Hill, to the campsite and then return them to York Hill. These items must be well labelled. We are not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged gear.
- There is a required fee of $75 to join the Thru Paddle. This includes a cookout dinner Saturday night, a hot dog lunch Sunday, a commemorative t-shirt, and a one-year membership in the Land Trust.
- YOU CANNOT PADDLE OR CAMP WITH US UNLESS YOU ARE REGISTERED.
- No dogs please.
- No alcohol will be permitted other than what our sponsors have provided. We do ask that participants begin quieting down by 10pm at night. Most people will be winding down and finding their sleeping bags by that time anyway, so as a courtesy to others we are requesting that you limit noise after that time.
Thank you to our partners for making this event possible!